No rewards for high and low traffic.

• Hi everyone!

Before starting the post I would like to thank PeDePe's staff for developing BCS. It's a marvellous DLC that opens a huge door for the world of OMSI2. It finally adds a real purpose for actually playing the game, fun and immerivity.

Without further ado I would like to ask devs why there's no reward for playing with high intensity traffic. Is it a type of data that OMSI2 telemetry does not give?

If it'd be possible, I really would love to see a % bonus for playing with high traffic.

Early thanks for your reading

• Hi Chris, though I think it sounds like a nice idea, personally I am not sure if it would work exactly as mentioned, based on a few reasons;

-First of all, I don't think there is sufficient output of traffic intensities for now. Of course those can be found in the ailist settings. But I think BBS must check those ailist files several times during a trip to let it work. And I'm not sure if it is possible to increase.

-Secondly, traffic volumes may differ for every player, depending on their own settings (those are typically based on the performance of their PC). This may result in unfair competition between players and companies with high-end and low-end PCs.

-Finally, I think your goal is already met by current settings. If your settings for traffic are higher, there are typically also more passengers at bus stops willing to take a ride. And more of them means (to certain extents) more income already, if I'm right.

• Hi Chris, though I think it sounds like a nice idea, personally I am not sure if it would work exactly as mentioned, based on a few reasons;

-First of all, I don't think there is sufficient output of traffic intensities for now. Of course those can be found in the ailist settings. But I think BBS must check those ailist files several times during a trip to let it work. And I'm not sure if it is possible to increase.

-Secondly, traffic volumes may differ for every player, depending on their own settings (those are typically based on the performance of their PC). This may result in unfair competition between players and companies with high-end and low-end PCs.

-Finally, I think your goal is already met by current settings. If your settings for traffic are higher, there are typically also more passengers at bus stops willing to take a ride. And more of them means (to certain extents) more income already, if I'm right.

Thank you for your consideration,

• Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, OMSI does not give us an indication of how heavy the traffic is in your area. In addition, we have found that most players want to play as realistically as possible. On weekends and public holidays there is often less traffic and at lunchtime there is more traffic.

If we were to additionally reward more traffic, we would not only be penalizing players who use a poorer computer and therefore play with less traffic or can only rarely play at lunchtime when there is a lot of traffic for professional reasons.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Daniel Trenzen
    Organisations-Controller
    - PeDePe -