Omsinav' Stays on Update Screen/Omsinav 'bleibt auf dem Aktualisierungsbildschirm

Problem mit Ahlheim v4 - Keine Trips sichtbar
Aktuell kommt es zu Problemen bei Ahlheim v4. Sollte auch bei Dir nur eine Tour bzw. gar keine Tour angezeigt werden, setze bitte diesen Workaround um.
  • EN:

Hello,

I hope other members can help directly with the following problem.

I have updated my PC software with the latest version of Java. But now, when Omsinav tries to open, it stays on the update screen and will not progress from there. I noticed that another user of the forum had the same problem. I tried to follow the conversation (with Google Translate), but the last message says the problem was resolved - but it does not explain how it was fixed. So, if anyone has experienced this problem, please explain how you fixed it. Many thanks!

Regards!

Andy

DE:

Hallo,

Ich hoffe, andere Mitglieder können direkt mit folgendem Problem helfen.

Ich habe meine PC-Software mit der neuesten Version von Java aktualisiert. Aber jetzt, wenn Omsinav versucht zu öffnen, bleibt es auf dem Update-Bildschirm und wird nicht von dort fortschreiten. Ich bemerkte, dass ein anderer Benutzer des Forums das gleiche Problem hatte. Ich habe versucht, der Konversation zu folgen (mit Google Übersetzer), aber die letzte Nachricht sagt, dass das Problem gelöst wurde - aber es erklärt nicht, wie es behoben wurde. Also, wenn jemand dieses Problem erfahren hat, können Sie bitte erklären, wie Sie es behoben haben. Danke vielmals!

Freundliche Grüße!

Andy

• Hey Andy200952,

Can you Post me the link wher the problem is solved.
    Then I can look up if I can find sth that helped him to solved his problem.
    Best regards,
    Jan

Hi Jan,
    Thanks for your response. Here is the link you requested: Omninavigation bleibt im Update Screen

The member's name was Simuflax, and he/she had a similar problem to mine. As I said, however, although they reported the problem was fixed, I could not find a clear explanation of how the 'fix' was achieved.

I ought to say that I have been trying - on and off - to get 'official' help from PeDePe for over 6-months. I have opened at least two tickets on this problem, but all I get is constant apologies for the delays.

Many thanks for any help and/or advice you can offer.

Regards,
    Andy

• Hey Andy200952,

In the last Post of this page I wrote what helped him.
    It was a fresh Installation of Omninavigation.
    He had to deinstall everything from Omninavigation also the installer.
    Then he had to download the New installer from our Website and installed it and it did work.

Edit:
    Please also look in the PeDePe Center there they also told you to Do the step I told you.

I hope it helped you.
    Best regards,
    Jan

• Hi Jan,

Thanks for that. The trouble with Google Translator is that it's not too good at decoding syntax and grammar. I got that the answer had something to do with a 'new installer' but wasn't sure if that was the same as a re-installation. Actually, a total uninstall and re-install was the first thing I tried all those months ago, but it didn't work. This was even before I first contacted PeDePe, way back in the days before this present site was even created. Back then, there was not an option to download the latest version, so I will try again and get back to you. Also, I posted my earlier reply before I checked the latest message from PeDePe. Sorry for any confusion.

Best regards,
    Andy

Hi Jan,

I'm pleased to say that downloading the latest version of Omninav' did the trick! It's up and working again! Thank you so much. It took you just a few hours to offer the same advice that PeDePe took six months to suggest. So, to me, you are a hero.

All best wishes,

Andy

• Hey Andy200952,

We are sorry for the long issues.
    I am also supporter from pedepe.
    Your Problem was solved because they fixed some problems and this helped you to use ON again.

We are Happy that it does work again and are trying to make it better.

Best regards,
    Jan