OMSI does not start from BBS

Problem mit Ahlheim v4 - Keine Trips sichtbar
Aktuell kommt es zu Problemen bei Ahlheim v4. Sollte auch bei Dir nur eine Tour bzw. gar keine Tour angezeigt werden, setze bitte diesen Workaround um.
  • Logdatei hochgeladen?
    Ja
    Ingame Username
    TechPhil

For some reason, whenever I use BBS, OMSI simply does not start?

I can launch OMSI perfectly fine and run it without BBS, however I obviously then don't have the overlay or any of the advanced features.

I get to the screen where I have to select my repaint/hof file/spawn location etc., I click Next, and then nothing happens.

This occurs with all maps - the BBS log file simply logs "Selected HOF File: [xyz]"

No OMSI log file is present.

• Please try to run the start-admin.bat in BBS folder with admin rights (right-click). Normally, at least one black window should fill with content. Please went trough BBS and try to start OMSI with BBS again.
    If it fails again, please post the content from start-admin-Window.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Daniel Trenzen
    Organisations-Controller
    - PeDePe -

• Please try to run the start-admin.bat in BBS folder with admin rights (right-click). Normally, at least one black window should fill with content. Please went trough BBS and try to start OMSI with BBS again.
    If it fails again, please post the content from start-admin-Window.

Definitely some errors in there. Still not launching...

• I am waiting for a reaction from the developers and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, we go in a bit deeper. Please create a…

DXDIAG

and

MSINFO

report. For that open your run-window (Windows+R) and type „dxdiag“ and hit enter. For the MSINFO open the run console again and type „msinfo32“. In the upcoming window go to „file“, „export“ and save it. Please provide both files here.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Daniel Trenzen
    Organisations-Controller
    - PeDePe -

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von [PeDePe] Daniel T. () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von [PeDePe] Daniel T. mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• Hi Daniel,

No problem at all.

I have tried this new .jar file - I'm pleased to report that OMSI does now open from BBS, however BBS doesn't seem to be aware that this has happened?

BBS remains on the 'OMSI 2 is starting now' screen, and I never see the overlay.

I have attached all my log files to this post.

Thanks

pedepe.de/community/index.php?attachment/7800/pedepe.de/community/index.php?attachment/7801/

Log from start-admin.bat below -

• Hi, thank you. This is an enormous help so far. We are getting closer to the matter.

The problem is an incompatible JNA version. You have JNA 6.1.4, but our game expects 5.1.0.

The issue occurs because BBS uses your locally installed JNA version instead of using the version we provide. Our developers have now adjusted this on a trial basis in another test version that you can download from here:

https://busbetrieb-simulator.d…/busbetrieb-simulator.jar

Would you please try it again and give me feedback?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Daniel Trenzen
    Organisations-Controller
    - PeDePe -