non unicode language transformer (Locale Emulator) support

• hello.could you support Locale Emulator?My friends and I and a lot of non-German players are complaining that BCS can not trigger the Locale Emulator to temporarily change the non unicode language to German before starting OMSI

Also,since the Laucher.exe is added to the game,the Locale Emulator can't work normally because when we start the omsi.exe,the laucher shows and the Locale Emulator stops to trigger OMSI.

I would like it to be supported in Launcher.exe and during the switch between BCS&CCS and OMSI.

My idea is to add a box in laucher.exe and BCS&CCS's selecting buses interface to choose whether to trigger OMSI with Locale Emulator.

• CaptainZhang

Hat den Titel des Themas von „non unicode language transformer support“ zu „non unicode language transformer (Locale Emulator) support“ geändert.
  • Do you know how "Locale Emulator" triggers?

There might be something confusing with Locale Emulator.

Launcher.exe starts omsi.exe by choosing "OMSI without BCS&CCS"
    It should be triggered by the process omsi.exe

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Daniel Trenzen
    Organisations-Controller
    - PeDePe -

• Do you know how "Locale Emulator" triggers?

There might be something confusing with Locale Emulator.

Launcher.exe starts omsi.exe by choosing "OMSI without BCS&CCS"
    It should be triggered by the process omsi.exe

sorry,let me introduce it first.

omsi is using non unicode language in some places,so if you are not German,and the computer's non unicode language is also not German,when it comes to üöäß which other languages don't have,these letters will become strange symbols (you can try to change you computer's non unicode language to have a check.),and this can cause missing tiles in the game because the game can't load these files.

then locale emulator can solve the problem.you can trigger it before you start the game to temporarily let the game run in a specific non unicode language.this works successfully before.but then the launcher is added.when you trigger omsi.exe with it,the launcher shows and blocks it,which means you only triggered the launcher with it,not the game.

and,BCS and CCS trigger the omsi.exe only and locale emulator is not working.

here's how locale emulator triggers the game.

after you download locale emulator,you need to set a non unicode language,e.g. German.(picture 1 below)

then you right click omsi.exe,then you can see Locale Emulator,select the language you set before and then omsi should start in this language.(picture 2 below)

https://github.com/xupefei/Locale-Emulator/releases

this software seems to be first used to run the japanese games correctly.now it is also compatible with omsi

call me if you need more information about it

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von CaptainZhang () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by CaptainZhang into this post.