Beiträge von JonOfWilts

Problem mit Ahlheim v4 - Keine Trips sichtbar
Aktuell kommt es zu Problemen bei Ahlheim v4. Sollte auch bei Dir nur eine Tour bzw. gar keine Tour angezeigt werden, setze bitte diesen Workaround um.

Actually the Chrono solution that others have suggested does look like a good idea. I can already see some Line Extensions that PeDePe have accepted are starting to use the Chrono solution and it is pretty easy. Any past date will do and then the Line Extensions will be visible in the current date, which BCS MP operates on. Let's stay positive and move on - those who made the old Line Extensions will just need to re-format them in a Chrono (posts elsewhere have explained the method) and we are all sorted.

I do not understand the PeDePe policy regarding removing Line Extensions (previously approved) because they modify some base files (such as StnLinks.cfg). Everyone understands that if you mod (modify) a game then if the base game is updated by the vendor then the mod is likely to not work. This happens all the time in other Sims (for example ETS2) and it is not a problem. So if a map is updated by the vendor then, yes, the Line Extension may not work. So PeDePe at that point can remove the Line Extension pack - either awaiting an update from whoever wrote the Line Extension pack or leaving it out permanently if they do not make an update for it. Users who never downloaded the Line Extension pack are not effected. Users who did download the original Line Extension pack will find the line extensions don't work (expected) and are not available on PeDePe following the map update (expected) - until such time as the Line Pack is updated (if it ever is). The original lines will all work for all users - because Line Extension packs are just that - added routes - leaving original routes alone. Where is the problem?

Another idea - just charge a small monthly fee for maintenance of the servers (example 2-3 euros per month = cup of coffee price) - with no functional enhancements. These enhancements have a downside. Extra development and testing cost. Risk instability of BCS with downtime. Risk lower performance for drivers - because OMSI is very CPU dependent, so any extra overhead on CPU risks lowering FPS, stability of OMSI.exe etc... Nuisance of frequent downloads prior to wishing to play game.

Eine andere Idee - einfach eine kleine monatliche Gebühr für die Wartung der Server erheben (Beispiel 2-3 Euro pro Monat = Tasse Kaffeepreis) - ohne funktionale Erweiterungen. Diese Verbesserungen haben einen Nachteil. Zusätzliche Entwicklungs- und Testkosten. Risiko einer Instabilität des BCS mit Ausfallzeiten. Riskieren Sie niedrigere Leistung für Treiber - da OMSI sehr CPU-abhängig ist, so dass jeder zusätzliche Overhead auf der CPU das Risiko einer Verringerung der FPS, der Stabilität von OMSI.exe usw. birgt. Belästigung durch häufige Downloads, bevor Sie das Spiel spielen möchten.

I voted I would be interested.
    I have been concerned for sometime that PeDePe model for BCS cannot make financial sense once player numbers have stabilized. You need to pay rent, server costs, admin costs etc... so I would favor a low subscription fee to cover your centralized costs. Perhaps you may include some very limited upgrade, such as number of parking spaces?
    But I think significant upgrades, for example a trading market in used buses between companies, are a bad idea. Lets be honest - significant upgrades in the past have been disruptive. They have caused a lot of downtime and introduced bugs. Also it is very annoying when all you want to do is get on and drive and you have wait for yet another download to finish.
    I gladly pay a few euros for TruckersMP, TrucksBook etc... where centralised costs have to be paid. I would gladly do the same for BCS which I think is now a wonderful and mature product.

"Maps must not be downloadable for everyone without registration anymore" -> In order to download any asset (map, bus etc..) from FellowsFilm website you must be registered and logged into that site - otherwise Download option is disabled. So maps (e.g. Gainsborough, Strathshire etc) on this website meet you criteria.

Hi - I notice you are rejecting some high quality UK maps (Gainsborough, Strathshire for example) that are hosted on very respected UK OMSI site FellowsFilm. This will cause you to lose UK customers who will be forced to drive these maps outside of Bus Company Simulator. Maybe you need a different financial model? How about Sponsored Maps where customers pay an additional sum to help fund the cost of putting the map onto Bus Company Simulator / OmniNav ? Or leased maps where customers pay a monthly fee (say via Patreon or similar) to enjoy a greater range of maps?

The problem with your current financial model is that once customer has paid for Bus Company Simulator you are getting no additional sales revenue but being asked to do work to add maps.

JonOfWilts

In the new BCS office and depot layout the doors to depots seem to be broken. They don't look right and they do not open when you type "E".

Can now open depot doors - something odd happened to my avatar so that I was looked into one view - then I could not open depot doors. On closing BCS and restarting I can now open depot doors - but sometimes avatar goes odd, for example I cannot rotate it with mouse without left key drag - then it is normal.

I am happy for this thread to be closed as Resolved.

Can we have the UK map Hertfordshire V4 ? The map has a very loyal following and although its original hosting site (Aussiex) is now gone the map is still available for download on OmsiWorld website. It is a drive on the left hand side of the road map suitable for UK buses (RHD) of which there are now very many.

Please complete your Post.

The link to the page that contains info and download links about Hertfordshire V4 is :

https://omsiworld.com/?feature=omsiuk

and the download link is :

Directlink deleted

I hope the above is OK as you say "no direct links" but "link to Showroom" is missing? If I have misunderstood what "Link to Showroom" means please get back to me and I will try and provide the information you need.

The speed camera in Totnes near the school (about 2 bus stops from Totnes Station) breaks the tile so it won't load and the journey has to be abandoned. The workaround of making Speed Cameras Invisible does work - however would it be possible to fix (or remove) the speed camera here?

Some UK maps have the wrong speed set on speed cameras. For example:

- Cotterell near University

- Yorkshire near Windhaven Cinema

This seems to be because you have implemented the speed limit in KPH not MPH.

So 20 MPH limit needs to be 32 KPH and 30 MPH = 48 KPH etc...

I am sure there are other UK map locations where this is an issue.

Some UK maps have the wrong speed set on speed cameras. For example:

- Cotterell near University

- Yorkshire near Windhaven Cinema

This seems to be because you have implemented the speed limit in KPH not MPH.

So 20 MPH limit needs to be 32 KPH and 30 MPH = 48 KPH etc...

I am sure there are other UK map locations where this is an issue.

If you book a block of time for driving and you are allocated several consecutive tours on the same running card then the number of trips that bus has done in the last 30 days only increments by 1 instead of the number of trips you actually drove. This means the stat regarding number of trips run in last 30 days for each bus cannot be relied upon to indicate how popular that bus has been.

Thank you for the reply. I have resolved the problem. The issue was that I operate Steam Offline by default - so PeDePe had made a big update that I had not received as this update was delivered via Steam. So my PC PeDePe files were seriously out of date and the symptom was "No Connection" - hence going down the path of looking at Firewall which was not the problem. The secondary problem was that PeDePe at first did not generate a popup window that said something like "Your BCS software is out of date - so you need to go Steam Online to get update". After submitting the fault to this forum PeDePe did generate this popup - so of course I went Steam Online and resolved the issue. I suspect that PeDePe may have had an error in that this popup was not displayed after the previous big BCS update - but that this error has since been found and rectified. This is speculation on my part.

Hi - I get "No Connection" error in BCS at the step where I should enter the 3D virtual bus company. This started happening after the last major BCS 3D upgrade (e.g. toilets added). I can still use BCS but only from menus which limits what I can do. I think the problem is probably a Firewall Rule that I needed added but I can find no technical document that tells me exactly what firewall permissions BCS needs (e.g. which exes? including java exes in bcs folder structure?) - and exactly which rules? Inbound? Outbound? I have added a few I think would work - but to no avail. Please can I have a definite and precise list of what Firewall Rules I need for this software to work on Windows 10 pc?