adjust the logic of loading files

Problem mit Ahlheim v4 - Keine Trips sichtbar
Aktuell kommt es zu Problemen bei Ahlheim v4. Sollte auch bei Dir nur eine Tour bzw. gar keine Tour angezeigt werden, setze bitte diesen Workaround um.
  • in some situations BBS can always read wrong hof. for example, the hof file can always be wrong when i want to drive in grand paris moulon. although the hof names are different and i've selected the right one in BBS, BBS seems always to read the first one and in OMSI the hof will be wrong.

sometimes it can be totally wrong. i have selected the right hof (no other files with similar names) but in the game it could be the very first hof in the bus' folder.

and BBS can read and buy AI buses. they are not shown in OMSI but in BBS. it could be wrong when buying new buses, although you can find which is the AI according to the order in the vehicles directory

• Interesting. I've seen similar problems with hof files on the Vienna maps. BBS provides a selection list with the possible hof files, but over there it works after choosing the correct file. Driving with wrong hof files results typically in no use of on-board systems and therefore no passengers, so would be great if there is a solution.

• I can confirm this. Sometimes it happens that BBS is still trying to load wrong hof files. For example, the biggest issue are with linepacks. You choosed different hof file before starting, but BBS give you in-game different hof file without these lines. So you have to go back to the office and try it again...

• Barbapapa1

Hat das Label Sammlung hinzugefügt
  • I can confirm this. Sometimes it happens that BBS is still trying to load wrong hof files. For example, the biggest issue are with linepacks. You choosed different hof file before starting, but BBS give you in-game different hof file without these lines. So you have to go back to the office and try it again...

I checked the problem again (now with Grand Paris Moulon map), and it happens with standard tours too. Going back to the office will not help, as it will use the wrong file once again. In my opinion, BBS must always use the file which is selected by bus choice, or it must provide one hof file for buses in those specific maps.

• Hello,

A short input which I think solves your problem. When driving a bus BCS searches for a .hof file and suggests one. The other option is for you to choose the file.

When starting the tour BCS copies the selected file in the buses directory for it to work properly in game.

Let's now have an update for the specific map. When the HOF file has the same name etc. BCS cannot copy it to the directory because there is already a file with that name and BCS cannot overrite.

Does this help?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards

Sebastian G.

Supporter

- PeDePe -

• Let's now have an update for the specific map. When the HOF file has the same name etc. BCS cannot copy it to the directory because there is already a file with that name and BCS cannot overrite.

But the hof file names are totally different.

Just like Grand Paris Moulon. For the vanilla in GPM C2 there are 3 hofs and the problem occurs. BCS can easily select the first one (transdev GB) even though i have select the right one.

Now i've copied the global one from the addons folder to make all lines shown in one file. But i copied two, which are the global BUSE and GB for different matrix controllers. I'm sure i've selected the right one but BCS will always load BUSE because it is the first. I always have to move the other hofs to just let a specific one work.

You can check those hofs. Their file names and the [name] in them are totally different, which means they shouldn't be recognized by mistake according to the names.

And actually, even though the hof names are the same, BCS can read them and copy them.

I have one map which updates but has the same hof name for different versions. BCS can copy the old one and overwrite the new one if i haven't overwrite all the old ones manually. (maybe it's because the old one is in the first row the bus folders, like the names starting with A or B or ..., so BCS recognize it first)(this happens when i don't change the recommended hof before starting, and the new hof has been in the selected bus's folder)

Maybe you can try this in Ruhrgebiet, Wuppertal or something. some DLC buses contain the old hofs. when selecting the RUHR_solaris or WSW_c2, when i use the recommended hof, it could be overwritten by an old one from other folders

• Hello,

unfortunately we cannot reproduce this case. It is difficult for us to detect errors that we do not have ourselves. Also, there don't seem to be any other players with this problem. I am sorry not to be able to give a more satisfactory answer here for now.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Daniel Trenzen
    Organisations-Controller
    - PeDePe -

• [PeDePe] Daniel T.

Hat das Label von 2nd Level auf Erledigt (ohne Lösung) geändert