bus company „competetive“

Problem mit Ahlheim v4 - Keine Trips sichtbar
Aktuell kommt es zu Problemen bei Ahlheim v4. Sollte auch bei Dir nur eine Tour bzw. gar keine Tour angezeigt werden, setze bitte diesen Workaround um.
  • i was talking to other plays thought wouldn't it be better company's to put in for routes instead of hole maps for example company A could get X10 in Berlin and company B got 110 in berlin but neither company can do other routes unless they bought them routes for month so company A got X10s and 115s but company B got 110s and M19s but next month company A could lose X10 to company B that way get company to compete more with each others and get drive to find company for routes they like rather looking and seeing well company A has X10 Berlin but so dose company B both same so rather then everyone having hole map just have routes instead

• would get companies to compete more

also benefit companies alot cause wont have buses sat round for no reason in depot not getting used say for example you got Yorkshire route 24/25 will it need 6 buses and dont run saturdays so wouldn't need to buy anymore then 7 buses 6 for the route 1 spare if you lose it next month can downsize your fleet to meet your demand

• [PeDePe] Sebastian G.

Hat den Titel des Themas von „bus company“ zu „bus company „competetive““ geändert.
  • Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I like the idea of having some competition. However, I am not sure if the mentioned idea of route concessions can establish this. How would it work if all interesting routes are already taken by companies? Can I still drive my favorite route on that fantastic map? The only option seems to drive with another company who has the lines. Switching line ownership can result in "job switching" behaviour. Besides, I think the whole maps (region) are more realistic. Usual PT operators & authorities tend to be operating those areas (BVG in Berlin, MVG in Munchen, etc). As far as I'm concerned, it feels fine to operate in the same way; on whole maps instead of a few transport lines.

Then the cost structures. If I'm right, the map costs are currently depending on the # of lines and the # of companies that have bought the map. More companies driving on the map means a higher cost for one to buy, while less companies driving on map means a lower cost. So one could say that a more extensive cost mechanism is already in place. When it comes to smaller companies, they can run on cheaper maps or other companies until there is solid income.

I do not completely understand the last reaction, but when it comes to AI traffic on the map you can set it yourself by changing the files in the map folder.

Having real buses in Depot to drive tours on the map, could be an issue too. The X10 and 130 (Spandau) lines in Berlin have over 10 (+) tours running at the same time, and even more during rush hours. This means a company needs over 10 buses only running on AI trips. Smaller companies do not have that many buses so this will cause a big problem for them. Competing with other (bigger) companies will become hard. So, in the end, I think the original idea is good, but the mentioned plan will (in this way) not lead to a good outcome.

• Only if it's opt-in/opt-out (like the option to connect with other companies), not everybody and not all companies are part of BCS to be competitive. Some companies (like mine) are just here to enjoy the game with our group of people casually, if you start limiting it even more, it's a killjoy.

Frankly it's already hard enough to keep the company afloat if you have less active people.

• for Multiplayer side of things though all companies are pretty much the same got same maps and buses just different name and logo if companies on Multiplayer can put in for routes instead of a whole maps their every company would be different and it would bring good and fair competition between companies more give companies more to work for and also it may give smaller companies a better chance at getting some good drivers example

Company A runs line 110 berlin but Company B has 115 but company C dose X10 and 285 well gives player more to choose from weather like to 110 or X10s but also give companies may end of with most the lines cause got more money but brings a so called bus war to omsi Multiplayer but also big companies who ran on top for long time might get them to bit of kick when small company won lot of their work for month means everyone will have to open their game