Line Extensions Being Removed

Problem mit Ahlheim v4 - Keine Trips sichtbar
Aktuell kommt es zu Problemen bei Ahlheim v4. Sollte auch bei Dir nur eine Tour bzw. gar keine Tour angezeigt werden, setze bitte diesen Workaround um.
  • I do not understand the PeDePe policy regarding removing Line Extensions (previously approved) because they modify some base files (such as StnLinks.cfg). Everyone understands that if you mod (modify) a game then if the base game is updated by the vendor then the mod is likely to not work. This happens all the time in other Sims (for example ETS2) and it is not a problem. So if a map is updated by the vendor then, yes, the Line Extension may not work. So PeDePe at that point can remove the Line Extension pack - either awaiting an update from whoever wrote the Line Extension pack or leaving it out permanently if they do not make an update for it. Users who never downloaded the Line Extension pack are not effected. Users who did download the original Line Extension pack will find the line extensions don't work (expected) and are not available on PeDePe following the map update (expected) - until such time as the Line Pack is updated (if it ever is). The original lines will all work for all users - because Line Extension packs are just that - added routes - leaving original routes alone. Where is the problem?

• Quite simply, we have very different laws than you probably have in England. Do you have problems with Chronos creating the Track and Trip 1? I mean, what's the problem?

Yes, for the people who don't own it, nothing changes. But the fact is, if someone wants to install the pack, they need this file. For your line pack to work. And that is unfortunately the case with us, that this is not tolerated.

Try to make a Chrono Event and work with Track and Trip 1. Nobody has a problem with that. And you know what the coolest thing about it is? Exactly, you can change the map under your chronos and nobody itches. But that seems to be a really difficult thing to do.

• I guess you still don't get it. Ets is Ets and omsi is omsi. There is a steam workshop in ETS and not in Omsi. Not because the developers didn't want to include one, but because the community have their copyright rights. And if you still don't want to take these tips, it's not mine and not Pedepe's, it's yours. Do it the way I wrote it to you and there will be no problems. Otherwise, have a nice day.

• I really don't understand why this has to be discussed so often here lately!

It's quite simple (and has been said many times before):

1. PeDePe has established rules on how a map or line pack must be configured. Creators have to stick to that.

This includes that no original files may be modified or overwritten. If original files are changed and overwritten and PeDePe would include that, players who don't have the line pack would no longer be able to play the original map in BCS. And you can't force a player to install a line pack!

2. The content to be included must be free of errors.

3. PeDePe is not obliged to integrate (freeware) content. They do this voluntarily!

4. The PeDePe employees who are responsible for including such content do this on a voluntary basis. They sacrifice their free time to test content extensively, check for errors, give feedback or ask questions to the creator. There is definitely a lot of work behind it.

In the last weeks a new line pack (or a new version of a line pack) has been released for the Yorkshire 3.0 map several times a week, sometimes daily, sometimes even several times a day (!). Each time, PeDePe employees would have to test everything extensively and check for errors. And if it were to be integrated every time, players would also have to install the new line pack (or the new version) every time in order to be able to play it in BCS.

I think it's understandable that a cut has to be made at some point!

• As I said, you can REWORK your modification and it can be ADDED again. If you don't understand, I would recomend to visit your doctor, because this is starting with... I will rather not write.

So I will tell this again. Author can make update which will follow rules which apply for EVERYONE. It will be added. It's that hard to undrstand? I think no...

"we have very different laws than you probably have in England" ? And what laws would they be? For example, ETS2 is modded very heavily in UK with no legal problems.

So you are violating state laws, because laws about copyright are in every country. Everyone do it = I will do it too ?? When somebody kill people, you will do it too, because someone do it? You should start thinking about what do you typing.

• Actually the Chrono solution that others have suggested does look like a good idea. I can already see some Line Extensions that PeDePe have accepted are starting to use the Chrono solution and it is pretty easy. Any past date will do and then the Line Extensions will be visible in the current date, which BCS MP operates on. Let's stay positive and move on - those who made the old Line Extensions will just need to re-format them in a Chrono (posts elsewhere have explained the method) and we are all sorted.

• I'm a little bit afraid that you still don't get the point. I will try to explain it how these things works.

Old line extensions doesn't need any re-format to Chrono as long as they don't use StationsLinks. If you are using old system from OMSI 1 of creating new lines (pathes + busstops = Track & Trip), you don't have to re-format the extension. This format is using 95% of maps and extensions, because it's better and compatible with everything). If you use new system for OMSI 2 (StationLinks), you should have to re-format modification to chrono.

StationsLinks has one big problem. If one map has more than 2 modifications using this one file named StnLinks.cfg, only one modification is compatible. Other modifications will not work and also map too. So, if you are using old system Tracks & Trips, you can make it without using chrono. If you are using StationLinks, you must use Chrono, otherwise you will broke the map for other users.

• I'm a little bit afraid that you still don't get the point. I will try to explain it how these things works.

Old line extensions doesn't need any re-format to Chrono as long as they don't use StationsLinks. If you are using old system from OMSI 1 of creating new lines (pathes + busstops = Track & Trip), you don't have to re-format the extension. This format is using 95% of maps and extensions, because it's better and compatible with everything). If you use new system for OMSI 2 (StationLinks), you should have to re-format modification to chrono.

StationsLinks has one big problem. If one map has more than 2 modifications using this one file named StnLinks.cfg, only one modification is compatible. Other modifications will not work and also map too. So, if you are using old system Tracks & Trips, you can make it without using chrono. If you are using StationLinks, you must use Chrono, otherwise you will broke the map for other users.

That's all true what you say, but making a chrono is all a bit easier to update. If you do it without a chrono, you have to delete all the TTData stuff that came with it to avoid errors. That's why a chrono is preferable. Please don't get me wrong. It's just a hint.