Line extension taken down

Problem mit Ahlheim v4 - Keine Trips sichtbar
Aktuell kommt es zu Problemen bei Ahlheim v4. Sollte auch bei Dir nur eine Tour bzw. gar keine Tour angezeigt werden, setze bitte diesen Workaround um.
  • Hello, gary32

Yes we had to, because Busstops.cfg and StnLinks.cfg were always delivered with, so little by little all maps are checked if they are still available online. As yesterday with a Yorkshires update, white skies came, I had to re-sync Yorkshires and could not use current line packs because of Busstops.cfg and StnLinks.cfg or Global.cfg.

We have readjusted our requirements for new maps & line packs, it's all in there now.

Requirements for new maps & line packs

Good evening michaelhadley

Nothing to do with the British or the country, but we in the Trip Team received a lot of content, some of which didn't work, of course we can't include something like that.

We check everything, and yesterday I was standing on wise skies with the bus, so I rejected this, the developer fixed this. But since we are also doing other things, this was paused by us, and we are first looking at whether the community reports errors from the web disk.

I wish you all a nice evening, anyway.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Stefan Stöckmann

Supporter & Trip-Team

- PeDePe -

• [PeDePe] Kevin F.

Hat das Label von In Bearbeitung auf Erledigt (Lösung) geändert
  • Good morning,

First of all, thank you for your feedback. Stefan has described the situation correctly so far. We have recently had to update our requirements for new maps & line packs (Anforderungen an neue Karten & Linienpacks / Requirements for new maps & linepacks) to properly represent the gameplay in the future and long term.

This is not about "Uk-stuff" or "Non-Uk-stuff", the requirements are binding for all cards and will be implemented gradually for all cards - but everything at the same time does not work. Since the two maps recently received an update and we want to provide this, they now unfortunately came first.

The requirements catalog also lists why the mount requires that no files are overwritten: When synchronizing maps/linepacks with the server, the complete map directory of the trip team colleague is uploaded. This includes uploading global.cfg, StnLinks.cfg and Busstops.cfg. If these files are uploaded differently than in the original (e.g. because a line pack has overwritten them), this is the "base version" of the file. Conversely, this means that the map then becomes unplayable for all those who have not installed the line pack, because they do not have this modified file in their local directory.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kevin F.
    Trip-Team-Leitung

-PeDePe-

• I understand you're upset about this situation. But there are some rules which applies to everyone. You cannot change things on tiles without using Chrono, because you can make map unplaylable to players which doesn't have these modifications.

So, as basic, it's better to make new lines as a chrono, because you can add some Busstop cube if it's missing. Entrypoints cannot be added with Chrono.

As I said, every modification should not change basic lines (I mean new timetables or routes), but players without the modification must be able to play basic content.

No one has forbidden you to create content that will be added later, but you just have follow certain rules, adapt it according to the rules and I'm sure it will be added back to the BBS very quickly.

ok I suggested before which has been ignored in aod u can drive what u had installed and u can in singleplayer so why can't it be implemented in multiplayer so of I have the extra lines added I can drive

By the way, this solution is bad and I'm pretty sure that it won't be added since in AOD you could drive under one map every map. You just had to rename map in the global.cfg and could drive for example ALU under Grundorf map. That was very unfair to everyone.

• ok I suggested before which has been ignored in aod u can drive what u had installed and u can in singleplayer so why can't it be implemented in multiplayer so of I have the extra lines added I can drive

At that time, the maps were not synchronized. The timetables came directly from the user's hard disk.

This is not possible with the BBS concept.

The proposal is therefore conceptually not feasible.

Damals wurden die Karten noch nicht synchronisiert. Die Fahrpläne kamen direkt von der Festplatte des Benutzers.

Dies ist mit dem BBS-Konzept nicht möglich.

Der Vorschlag ist daher konzeptionell nicht durchführbar.

Kevin F.
    Trip-Team-Leitung

-PeDePe-