Poor level of support for PeDePe software

Problem mit Ahlheim v4 - Keine Trips sichtbar
Aktuell kommt es zu Problemen bei Ahlheim v4. Sollte auch bei Dir nur eine Tour bzw. gar keine Tour angezeigt werden, setze bitte diesen Workaround um.
  • Since the release of BCS I've tried to keep in mind that support staff members here aren't doing this as their main job and tried to be patient. But with every support ticket I've submitted my patience is running out.

I won't even mention quite long waiting times (several tickets I've submitted have taken 40+ days to reach anywhere), that I can live with. My issues with the current support members are:

• In several cases support members keep missing/ignore submitted info, I don't know if there isn't enough members who understand English enough or what is the case (yes English isn't my native language also but still). In some cases I've given up and closed the ticket because I see that support members can't understand my issue.
    • EDIT: Removed this point as contacting Pedepe directly I learned this was all a miscommunication. Again either support staff member misunderstood the devs or something was lost in translation.
    • Staff is in hurry to close tickets, even if they are unresolved. Sometimes it looks like you're in speedrun to close the tickets and don't care what is in them.
    • I see / hear /experience issue that several people in the company have, I make a report out of it instead of all the people experiencing the issue making a separate report out of it. Support members only care if I have the issue.

Sure, if it would be free product, it would be acceptable to have support like this but for a paid product this is unacceptable (yes, as a company owner who moved from AOD I got the product for free but most people did not). Several people (at least in the English speaking side of the community) have given up reporting bugs to this support team because they know it won't get anywere or takes ages to get any response at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to insult people, I just would like to see improvements.

In light of this I have some suggestion regarding the support:

• I would suggest removing the PeDePe Support Bot, it's uselessly spamming messages which nobody will notice since no notification appears when it posts and the important info get's lost between it's spam.
    • I would actually also recommend having e-mail sent out to ticket reporter when somebody posts into it or does something as regular people do not check the support center every day.
    • Get people into the support staff who actually speak english natively or or actually speak/read it around B2, C1, C2 classifications. Right now I see too many responses were it takes me ages to actually understand what is written.
  • Hey,

We are working and trying our Best.
    In most cases we contact the developers.
    Problem sometime is that the problem is not explained well.
    At the moment it also takes a little bit longer to solve a ticket because of less time of the developers.

In your case it was the resolution.
    These are Made resolutions in the Sourcecode which gets compared with the Resolution you use.
    The developers does not want to change because then can happen resolution problems with other users.

We are trying to do the for everybody.
    In most cases it takes the time to reproduce this problem/communicate to find the problem.

In some case we get not a complete sentences and have to help people.

Best would be a nice explaination which was give by you.
    That is not normal everytime.

• At the moment it also takes a little bit longer to a ticket because of less time of the developers.

I don´t know why developers do another new project, when there are a lot of work do to.

The response time is equal to how big problem do you have. If you have small problem, you will get answer in 1-2 days. With these problems can help supporters. But If you have bigger problem, it will take more time because at first supporters need to contact developers.

• It is sad, to see that there is no response from the developers.
    His attitude towards the community already says a lot for a long time.
    Empathy 0.

I actually did get a response from PeDePe himself. I won't post what he wrote here because I haven't asked permission for it, but they are working on it and are aware of the issues. They are working on new support system and are looking for new supporters who can properly speak/read/write english and german. If they won't find anybody, they may remove the german requirement.

Problem sometime is that the problem is not explained well.

Actually at least in my tickets, in a lot of cases (ofc I'm not saying all) it's not that it's not explained well, it's that you guys don't understand what is written properly and can't convey your message to the players properly. For example, this sentence:

These are Made resolutions in the Sourcecode which gets compared with the Resolution you use.

is not even near enough understandable English. As I person who is developer himself, after reading it about 10 times I may (note may) have understood what you said, there but most people problably not. And honestly a lot of your sentences are hard to read (you're not the only one). Also the resolution example, you told me that it's an issue that won't be fixed but on contacting PeDePe, I learned it actually is already on the todo list, another example of miscommunication or translation error.