BCS fails to load Yorkshire DLC bus repaints

Problem mit Ahlheim v4 - Keine Trips sichtbar
Aktuell kommt es zu Problemen bei Ahlheim v4. Sollte auch bei Dir nur eine Tour bzw. gar keine Tour angezeigt werden, setze bitte diesen Workaround um.
  • Logdatei hochgeladen?
    Nein

BCS (both singleplayer and multiplayer) fails to assign our company repaints ( [Adm: External link deleted] ). It spawns the bus with default repaint.

Repaint shows up in the list correctly: GO Bus and repaint works just fine without BCS (or even when I just respawn the bus manually ingame after BCS loads it incorrectly).

Both Yorkshire DLC buses have this issue.

• Hey,

I saw a mistake in your .cti files. Please check the paths (and especially the spacing ;))

As I said, repaints work without BCS just fine.

Double checked, I don't know what you're seeing wrong, everything is correct. Path is correct, incl spacings.

Proof that repaints do work:

Paths inside the archive are also correct, double checked.

Also repaint details from BCS JSON API for the buses:

• Hey,

Actually you're right, I just saw the different folder names with "GO Bus" and "GOBus" and thought about this.

First thing I have to ask - does the buses in BCS have the right repaint added to it?

Does OMSI apply the repaint to the bus when you respawn the bus in OMSI via "ALT-menu"?

Then furthermore please provide your OMSI- and BCS-logfile so that we can look for the error :)

Maybe there is a solution to be found here:

https://pedepe.de/community/in…/42373/&highlight=repaint

Thank you in advance.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards

Sebastian G.

Supporter

- PeDePe -

• First thing I have to ask - does the buses in BCS have the right repaint added to it?

Yes, as I said - I tried manually using the BCS Freeplay option also, selected GO Bus repaint, which showed up in the list and as you can see from the .cti file is corect and it spawned with the wrong one.

Does OMSI apply the repaint to the bus when you respawn the bus in OMSI via "ALT-menu"?

Yes, also something I said on the first post.

Maybe there is a solution to be found here:

https://pedepe.de/community/in…/42373/&highlight=repaint

Sadly most of the forum posts here are in German so I have no idea.

Logs after I tried in BCS Freeplay:
    tmp.zip

• Hey GameBurrow & AmyLucia,

Thank you for your replies :)

We‘re currently discussing this internally and will be back asap.

Hey,

We may have a solution. The problem might occur if you have repaints installed with special symbols like ?!“.äöü etc.

Please look trough all repaints and rename them, then please try again.

Thank you!

Sebastian G.

Supporter

- PeDePe -

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von [PeDePe] Daniel T. () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von [PeDePe] Sebastian G. mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• Hey,

Thank you for your answer. Those symbols might cause problems as well.

Good evening,

Did it work for you? :) Please answer shortly, otherwise I'll see this case as solved.

Thank you in advance!

Sebastian G.

Supporter

- PeDePe -

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von [PeDePe] Daniel T. () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von [PeDePe] Sebastian G. mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• Sorry, I didn't edit any files, I assumed BCS is going to fix not loading repaints properly if the repaints work in the game itself properly (even if the name uses special symbols). Pretty sure most folks won't go and start edititing repaints shipped by DLCs itself.

I usually don't edit DLC files as they are ovewritten by updated (especially newly released DLCs which will get fixes).

Additionally - chaning those file would break the map itself, every person would have to edit the map ai list by themselves due to repaint name change.

• Hey,

Thank you (: Due to that we‘re not able to replicate this error and only remember one record it‘s currently not possible to fix the error.

Renaming your files to give us feedback if it fixes the error would‘ve given us proof and we could look for a solution.

Due to you‘ll not rename files according to your statement above I sadly have to give up here, we‘re not able to fix the error due to we cannot get enough information where it comes from plus we cannot replicate it.

I still wish you fun with our products and if you need further help please contact us via PeDePe forums :)

Sebastian G.

Supporter

- PeDePe -

• [PeDePe] Sebastian G.

Hat das Label von In Bearbeitung auf Erledigt (ohne Lösung) geändert
  • What do you mean you're unable to replicate this error. I gave you our repaint (from what AmyLucia said it's not only our repaint that has the same issue), if you actually would and try try to load that repaint in BCS (even with freeplay mode) you'd see it loads the wrong one.

At least 3 other people have confirmed this happening (everybody who have tried) so I highly doubt it's not happening to you, it sounds more like you haven't even attempted to test it (except opening the archive).

Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to help, when none of your staff members clearly can't reproduce it on your side, but sadly in the past with your team, you have kinda proven that you are forgetting this here is official support for a payed product and and the we are the customers.. Prove me wrong that you actually did try it (for example ingame picture of the bus with our repaint and where I can see the BCS overlay) and I'll gladly assist.

• Hey,

Thank you for your reply. I unterstand your criticism and your thoughts which I clearly have to reject. However, I tried it again this morning and the Masterdeck e. g. loaded up like this:

Nearly none of the team members own the Yorkshire DLC which is why I'm doing this support case. We're not getting this all DLCs for free and mostly have to buy them ourself since we to the support thing voluntary.

I'm apologizing for my fellow team members who let you think that we're not taking this seriously. I can assure that we're exchanging most tickets internally to provide the best possible support.

I'll again forward this to our developers but again it'll be a shot in the dark since I'm not able to replicate the error and you cannot provide the necessary information.

If there are news I'll keep you up to date.

Have a nice weekend :)

Sebastian G.

Supporter

- PeDePe -

• [PeDePe] Sebastian G.

Hat das Label von Erledigt (ohne Lösung) auf In Bearbeitung geändert
  • Alright, thanks for the detailed response. I'll try to debug over the weekend on my side also when I have some free time, I'll temporarely try removing the default repaints that use symbols in the name and see if anything changes.

So yes, our assumption seemed to be correct, If I packed and deleted following repaints that ship with the DLC:

correct repaint started loading. Adding them back, wrong repaint is loaded again.

I then did another test, renamed [W.S] to W.S only for CTI files (not folders nor repaint vaules themselves in the .cti file):

and again correct repaint worked.

So it seems that if [ ] are used in the .cti file name itself, BCS breaks. Having these symbols in the repaint name and in folder name is fine.

Owner of GO Group Virtual
    https://gogroupvirtual.eu/

Only reply in English to my posts, I don't understand German.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von GameBurrow () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by GameBurrow into this post.

• Hey,

Thank you for the reply and the help. I forwarded this to our developers and I‘ll let you know the current status as soon as I hear something :)

Hey,

Thank you for your patience. I got feedback from our developers.

We have several upcoming problems when trying to fix this - already bought buses with this repaint needs to be changed. Also there‘ll be issues when telling BCS renames repaint files.

We decided to not change anything and will enlighten users who has this problem when a ticket comes up.

I wish you a nice sunday and a happy advent season.

Sebastian G.

Supporter

- PeDePe -

• [PeDePe] Sebastian G.

Hat das Label von In Bearbeitung auf Erledigt (ohne Lösung) geändert