My feedback, problems and some ideas

Problem mit Ahlheim v4 - Keine Trips sichtbar
Aktuell kommt es zu Problemen bei Ahlheim v4. Sollte auch bei Dir nur eine Tour bzw. gar keine Tour angezeigt werden, setze bitte diesen Workaround um.
  • Hi,

I would like to share my feedback after some spent hours behind the computer (as a dispatcher) or like as player in-game.

At first, I would like to thank you for great software which is really significantly affect playability of the whole game (OMSI2) and make it more funnier than before.

Since CCS is still Early Access, I don't know if you are planning any new features or if something being worked on.

Also I would like to share some ideas or problems:

Problem: Missing logos in OmniNavigation

Right now if you meet any other player which drive throught CCS, you cannot see any logos, you see only nicknames. Also some players use logo instead of the arrow, so sometimes it can be confusing, because you don't know which turn you should choose on some more complex junctions.

Problems: Location on 3Eck

We already organized events on some maps and the biggest problems have map Stadtedreieck V3. As I said the biggest problems have Stadtedreieck V3. Hardly ever, CCS can't determine your location (Bus steht an unbekannter Haltestelle)and it is very hard to organize emergency services, when some stops doesn't working (For example: Kiepenstr; Riedingborn,Markt; Eisenbahnstr; Dohlenweg; Am Kreis - I got it from log while driving)

Problems: Stops on A&L Updated:

Kaplanstraße: doesn't work for ticket inspectors and emergency services (tested on 14th December, so maybe it's fixed).

Stops near Laurenzbach Hbf: On the Omni there is stop named Bahnhofstraße - Rathaus which is near HBF and contain stops Laurenzbach Hauptbahnhof under it, so there is problem, that you stop for example on Laurenzbach Hauptbahnhof Steig 3 (which should be under LZ_HBF), but this stop isn't under LZ_HBF but under Bahnhofstraße Rathaus which again makes problems when you don't know about it, so you can easily send emergency services/ticket inspectors on wrong place.

Screenshot of the stops: https://i.imgur.com/RtQLHVH.png

How it looks in Omni: https://i.imgur.com/fdPDRmZ.png

Problem: Ticket inspectors (bugged)

Ticket inspectors are currently bugged if you choose option "get on the bus and check until next stop". Once ticket inspectors board, they are bugged, so dispatcher can't use them for maybe 10 minutes, because they are still travel with player.

I saw that this bug appear when the ticket inspectors didn't checked all passengers until next stop. If they didn't checked all passengers until next stop, they are bugged and still travel with player, so dispatcher can't use them for like 10 minutes. After some time they magically appear in correct bus stop.

Problem: Confusing random event

I'm still confused about random event with text: "Aggresive passenger injured another passenger!".

This event evoke me to call police, because I have aggresive passenger in the bus. And ambulance because one of them is injured, so she/he need ambulance as fast as possible.

But what is correct? You should call police or ambulance or both? I'm still confused, so I will appreciate what's correct.

Idea: Teleport to entrypoints (as a dispatcher)

Sometimes on bigger maps there is problem with location when you don't know so much about map.

You may want to find some stop, but you don't know how map looks exactly "from above", so it's really hard to find sometimes. Actually, you can choose only teleport to player location.

This feature should make dispatcher's work easier, because now you have to move difficulty your mouse through map and hope you will find what you want.

Idea: Language of the event

Since this software using multiple communities from multiple countries with different language, sometimes no-english or no-german speaking player have hard thinking which language of the event he should choose (their language cannot be choosen).

Multiple times I saw that there was flag of Germany or English flag, but when you check description, there were written something in foreign languages (which isn't in CCS/BBS), so it can be confusing for players and also maybe annoying for organizer, because he have to kick people when they don't speak with their language.

I don't know if there is any way to make it.

Idea: Revenue from Private events

I'm talking about private events which aren't connected to the company (event is organized by player, not by company).

I don't know why 50% of the revenue goes to the "company" when event isn't connected with any company. If event isn't connected with company, we simply lose 50% of our revenue for nothing. Why?

For example: We drove an event with 4 players + dispatcher for like 2-3 hours. Within this time, event account earned 15 000€ together. But when you end event, players get only a few money and maybe 7 500€ from 15K € literally goes to the "trash bin" (I don't count any bills). Instead of this, players should get divided 7 500€ between them, so you will don't lose any money from event.

Idea: You can see route of the player

Once you click on the player nickname, you can see his route. I don't know if it's even to possible to do that. Maybe you can have at least highlighted stops where she/he should stops? Maybe you can atleast show timetable of the player from OMSI?

Sometimes it's really hard to know all routes for bigger maps like Ruhrgebiet, ALU, Winsenburg, X10 Berlin and others.

Thanks for reading. I would be glad if any other players will react on these problems/ideas.

Regards,

TheFloxiCz

• Hi TheFloxiCz,

thank you very much for your detailed feedback!

Problem: Missing logos in OmniNavigation

Right now if you meet any other player which drive throught CCS, you cannot see any logos, you see only nicknames.

We are working on that problem, there should be an update soon.

Problems: Location on 3Eck

We already organized events on some maps and the biggest problems have map Stadtedreieck V3. As I said the biggest problems have Stadtedreieck V3. Hardly ever, CCS can't determine your location (Bus steht an unbekannter Haltestelle)and it is very hard to organize emergency services, when some stops doesn't working (For example: Kiepenstr; Riedingborn,Markt; Eisenbahnstr; Dohlenweg; Am Kreis - I got it from log while driving)

Problems: Stops on A&L Updated:

Kaplanstraße: doesn't work for ticket inspectors and emergency services (tested on 14th December, so maybe it's fixed).

The details in this report helped us a lot when we created update 2.0.7.0 which was released now. The detection of bus stops should be much better now.

Problem: Ticket inspectors (bugged)

Ticket inspectors are currently bugged if you choose option "get on the bus and check until next stop". Once ticket inspectors board, they are bugged, so dispatcher can't use them for maybe 10 minutes, because they are still travel with player.

I saw that this bug appear when the ticket inspectors didn't checked all passengers until next stop. If they didn't checked all passengers until next stop, they are bugged and still travel with player, so dispatcher can't use them for like 10 minutes. After some time they magically appear in correct bus stop.

This bug might be also fixed with update 2.0.7.0. Please come back to me if something like this happens again.

Problem: Confusing random event

I'm still confused about random event with text: "Aggresive passenger injured another passenger!".

This event evoke me to call police, because I have aggresive passenger in the bus. And ambulance because one of them is injured, so she/he need ambulance as fast as possible.

But what is correct? You should call police or ambulance or both? I'm still confused, so I will appreciate what's correct.

In this case you need the police and an ambulance :)

Idea: Teleport to entrypoints (as a dispatcher)

Sometimes on bigger maps there is problem with location when you don't know so much about map.

You may want to find some stop, but you don't know how map looks exactly "from above", so it's really hard to find sometimes. Actually, you can choose only teleport to player location.

This feature should make dispatcher's work easier, because now you have to move difficulty your mouse through map and hope you will find what you want.

Good idea, I have added this to our list! However I can't promise anything yet.

Idea: Language of the event

Since this software using multiple communities from multiple countries with different language, sometimes no-english or no-german speaking player have hard thinking which language of the event he should choose (their language cannot be choosen).

Multiple times I saw that there was flag of Germany or English flag, but when you check description, there were written something in foreign languages (which isn't in CCS/BBS), so it can be confusing for players and also maybe annoying for organizer, because he have to kick people when they don't speak with their language.

I don't know if there is any way to make it.

We are still working on the languages and are planning some improvements. Maybe we can also add some more language flags when choosing the language of the control center event, even if the language is not included in the BCS/CCS, so that you can choose Dutch for example as the language of the event.

Idea: Revenue from Private events

I'm talking about private events which aren't connected to the company (event is organized by player, not by company).

I don't know why 50% of the revenue goes to the "company" when event isn't connected with any company. If event isn't connected with company, we simply lose 50% of our revenue for nothing. Why?

For example: We drove an event with 4 players + dispatcher for like 2-3 hours. Within this time, event account earned 15 000€ together. But when you end event, players get only a few money and maybe 7 500€ from 15K € literally goes to the "trash bin" (I don't count any bills). Instead of this, players should get divided 7 500€ between them, so you will don't lose any money from event.

I understand that this regulation does not necessarily seem to make sense. However, if we would pay out the full winnings to the players on such control center events, the revenue would be too high for the participants. We would, so to speak, reward the players for not linking the control center event to the company.

We will discuss this matter again internally.

Idea: You can see route of the player

Once you click on the player nickname, you can see his route. I don't know if it's even to possible to do that. Maybe you can have at least highlighted stops where she/he should stops? Maybe you can atleast show timetable of the player from OMSI?

Sometimes it's really hard to know all routes for bigger maps like Ruhrgebiet, ALU, Winsenburg, X10 Berlin and others.

We don't know yet what exactly is possible, but we try to realize something like that, because this is requested very often.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
    Phillip Polster
    Entwickler
    - PeDePe -

• Thank you for your answer.

I understand that this regulation does not necessarily seem to make sense. However, if we would pay out the full winnings to the players on such control center events, the revenue would be too high for the participants. We would, so to speak, reward the players for not linking the control center event to the company.

We will discuss this matter again internally.

I forgot to mention my another thought. Is there any difference in revenues between public and private event? Because always when we organize public event, we earn maybe 5-10 times more money than in private event. I can earn from line with 60 min duration maybe 6K-8K €, but in private event is this revenue much time lower than in public.

Also I would like to share another idea. I don't know if it's really possible, but is there any way to add "customization" for popup windows (ticket inspectors and random events)?

Because sometimes these popups windows are really annoying, especially if you drive with mouse.

At least It would be nice if will be possible to add option to make these new popup windows trasparent or option to minimalize them. Since every bus have different camera views, sometimes it's really hard to see anything in the right mirror, like this example: https://i.imgur.com/4SgDTwI.png

Thanks for reading my ideas/problems.

I wish merry Christmas and happy New Year for PeDePe team.

Regards,

TheFloxiCz

• Is there any difference in revenues between public and private event?

Yes, the revenues in public events are 2 times higher, because usually the expenses are also higher in public control center events.

At least It would be nice if will be possible to add option to make these new popup windows trasparent or option to minimalize them. Since every bus have different camera views, sometimes it's really hard to see anything in the right mirror, like this example: https://i.imgur.com/4SgDTwI.png

I have added that to our To Do List, we will work on that after the christmas break.

Thank you for your feedback and happy Christmas! :)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
    Phillip Polster
    Entwickler
    - PeDePe -

• Hi,

thank you for amazing update. Transparent popup windows are really great. Finally I can see something in the mirror 8)

Anyway, I wanted to ask how to solve problem with broken electronics or engine. On our last event we experienced this problem: - One of our player had random event with broken engine, we sent him mechanic, everything was okay, he could continue after some time. Unfortunately, his OMSI crashed after while on the last station, but once he started OMSI again, he couldn't start engine, because malfuctions (as random events) are automatically "reactivated" once you close OMSI or finish the tour and cannot by fixed in-game anymore.

Fortunately, he could complete tour without being on the final station and even without completed timetable in-game.

What's the correct method? Can you for example complete the tour in the middle of the line in this situation? Because I can't never complete tour without unfinished timetable in BBS, so think this was only coincidence that he could complete tour.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

TheFloxiCz