Complaint to map requests (multiple problems)

Problem mit Ahlheim v4 - Keine Trips sichtbar
Aktuell kommt es zu Problemen bei Ahlheim v4. Sollte auch bei Dir nur eine Tour bzw. gar keine Tour angezeigt werden, setze bitte diesen Workaround um.
  • Well, I'm starting to be very confused with behaviour of team members. It's the best time for some feedback.... I don't really know what's going on, but it's look like "Let's decline EVERY map request for the most stupid thing".

Before you react or somebody react, I would like to write that this post isn't intended to dirty someone from any team. I'm only drawing attention to non-standard behavior of team members.

... Let's go the point ... All of us know, that every map should meet some requirements to be added to MP. Integration take too much time, also we have our own lives, etc. That's right, no problem with this.

So, what do you mean? Be specific please.

------

1 ) What is the most suspicious thing is that in the last time, there were mostly 50% of maps declined with sentence:

"Author don't have all rights to produce objects and splines!" - Really? And how you can know that? You have magic ball which tell you truth? Seems to be interesting... And how much maps which is added into MP HAVE all of the rights from authors? Maybe maximally 75% of them?

There is nice example number #1 - Königs Wusterhausen

Number #2 - Liepaja V4 Patch

2) German people reads Read me in other languages and use Google Translate. That's normal, nothing wrong. But when somebody use only half of sentence...

Commentary to this thread: Fiktivní Unhošť

I just downloaded the map and took a look at the read me.

Here on page 3 is translated into German

Quote DRIVING AROUND THE MAP

NO. Why you use only HALF of sentence?? There is written:

"Jak již bylo uvedeno, mapa není pro samotné hraní moc vhodná, ale jezdit se po ní dá, tedy pokud máte silnější sestavu."

pedepe.de/community/index.php?attachment/1546/

Which means

"As already mentioned, map isn't good for suitbale playing , but you can drive on it, IF YOU HAVE STRONGER / BETTER PC components."

3) Map was declined due to deleted download file

Commentary to thread: Kydczice

This is another excuse to "we don't want this map"?

Well. Let's see. I clicked on the download link which is on the link and what I see? Download, woooow!

And what's happen if I click on second link with content for map? Ohhh, whaaaaat. It's working...

4) Trip Team don't know if lastest version of map is synced or not.

Somebody adds map/new update into MP, but he forgot to lock thread and set tag to "Approved or Declined". After some time, somebody answer that we will sync this map or etc, but it's already synced.

5) There are still tons of thread where were been given tag "In Process", but this threads even don't have any answer from any Team member. So you don't know if this map is forgotten forever or they will maybe work on them in future (these request are older than 1-3 months). These threads are very unclear compared to other where are sentences "Author of map is useless criminal who steal objects and splines without permissions!" very common.

6) Beta map.

"This map is BETA! We don't adding beta maps - your request was declined." I see similar answer last months very often. But why anybody say it?

Do you see word BETA in the name of the map? - No.

Do you see word BETA anywhere in readme? - No.

Do you see word BETA somewhere in the thread, map description? - No.

-> So why there are useless answers that this is beta? I don't really understand.

I will be appreciate any answer on my questions. Because, in the last times there are new excuses why to not adding map without any reason. You can't know if the author of map have permissions or not.

Have a nice afternoon,

Best regards,

TheFloxiCz

• Good evening TheFloxiCz,

I am writing here from my point of view why many cards have been rejected recently. I would also like to respond to your points

1 ) What is the most suspicious thing is that in the last time, there were mostly 50% of maps declined with sentence:

"Author don't have all rights to produce objects and splines!" - Really? And how you can know that? You have magic ball which tell you truth? Seems to be interesting... And how much maps which is added into MP HAVE all of the rights from authors? Maybe maximally 75% of them?

There is nice example number #1 - Königs Wusterhausen

Number #2 - Liepaja V4 Patch

my approach to checking a card is always the same for me.

After I have downloaded a desired map, the first thing I do is to see if there is a readme, in which i learn what content is included and what you have to find together from the Internet.

Then I look into the folders Splines and Sceneryobjects to see if content is included, which can only be further distributed by the creator with explicit permission. Of course, I do not know what is going on with copyright in other countries, but here we must ensure that it is respected.

I also have foreign requests translated by Google.

When I quote you, because of the rejected card, I also think of weaker computers. A quotation should be short and reflect what is important in this sentence.

In addition, I also wrote that you should contact the creator to get missing Content.

Here again I can only assume what the page behind the link shows me. As soon as I want to open the link inserted in the wunschtread, I get the error message "Error 451 The page is blocked due to the decision of the authorities in your area."

So I don't have the opportunity to continue downloading.

4) Trip Team don't know if lastest version of map is synced or not.

Somebody adds map/new update into MP, but he forgot to lock thread and set tag to "Approved or Declined". After some time, somebody answer that we will sync this map or etc, but it's already synced.

Here I assume that you might mean the map BELEN or the update of Bad Kleinstein.

On this point, communication within the trip team must be significantly improved in order not to edit cards multiple times in the future.

5) There are still tons of thread where were been given tag "In Process", but this threads even don't have any answer from any Team member. So you don't know if this map is forgotten forever or they will maybe work on them in future (these request are older than 1-3 months). These threads are very unclear compared to other where are sentences "Author of map is useless criminal who steal objects and splines without permissions!" very common

In the desired area are two requests where no team member has yet responded.

I can only work through the wishes gradually. Some cards already have 1.5GB of download, which takes some time. After unpacking these cards, sometimes amounts of data come to light, which you didn't expect before.

These must then be inserted into the main folder of Omsi.

There are map requests that are still in a beta phase (example Winsenburg 2015 Updated). Including a beta card that is changed several times until it is released is a lot of work. therefore it was finaled not to include such cards in the multiplayer.

Dear TheFloxiCZ,

I don't want to talk myself out of here or protect the work of the trip team.

The answers I have given you are answers that come from my point of view. The BBS is intended to provide a versatile gaming experience with as many cards as possible for the wide dimensions of users. However, it is not always possible for us to include desired maps in the multiplayer.

If a card runs without major problems, you don't see any involvement in the MP.

I hope you understand one or the other answer from me and can therefore understand why multiple cards cannot be included in the multiplayer.

• Here again I can only assume what the page behind the link shows me. As soon as I want to open the link inserted in the wunschtread, I get the error message "Error 451 The page is blocked due to the decision of the authorities in your area."

So I don't have the opportunity to continue downloading.

It's weird you getting errors when uloz.to is available in all countries. Maybe this is some restriction from your antivir or something?

Thank you for your efforts on answering on every question.

Have a nice day,

Regards,

TheFloxiCz

• Barbapapa1

Hat das Label Allgemein hinzugefügt