BCS "no connection" error for 3D virtual bus company

Problem mit Ahlheim v4 - Keine Trips sichtbar
Aktuell kommt es zu Problemen bei Ahlheim v4. Sollte auch bei Dir nur eine Tour bzw. gar keine Tour angezeigt werden, setze bitte diesen Workaround um.
  • Hi - I get "No Connection" error in BCS at the step where I should enter the 3D virtual bus company. This started happening after the last major BCS 3D upgrade (e.g. toilets added). I can still use BCS but only from menus which limits what I can do. I think the problem is probably a Firewall Rule that I needed added but I can find no technical document that tells me exactly what firewall permissions BCS needs (e.g. which exes? including java exes in bcs folder structure?) - and exactly which rules? Inbound? Outbound? I have added a few I think would work - but to no avail. Please can I have a definite and precise list of what Firewall Rules I need for this software to work on Windows 10 pc?

• Hello,

As far as I know there is no special rule from BBS.

If I am wrong then apology and please correct.

Each firewall has its own options. where to hire, about incoming and outgoing rules. There you set that has the complete BBS folder access. So counted as an exception for the firewall.

Textman

• Thank you for the reply. I have resolved the problem. The issue was that I operate Steam Offline by default - so PeDePe had made a big update that I had not received as this update was delivered via Steam. So my PC PeDePe files were seriously out of date and the symptom was "No Connection" - hence going down the path of looking at Firewall which was not the problem. The secondary problem was that PeDePe at first did not generate a popup window that said something like "Your BCS software is out of date - so you need to go Steam Online to get update". After submitting the fault to this forum PeDePe did generate this popup - so of course I went Steam Online and resolved the issue. I suspect that PeDePe may have had an error in that this popup was not displayed after the previous big BCS update - but that this error has since been found and rectified. This is speculation on my part.